Thursday, 8 January 2009

My subject

Welcome back everyone.
I would like to tell you briefly about my main subject which is taken at the London Metropolitan University from February. The name of it is 'Applied Translation'. Those are a linguistic studies. Obviously, for all of you they can associate with translations. That is a good direction. After getting a degree, I will be able to work as a translator or an English teacher.
Why have I chosen that subject? As you know from my previous post, I have always been enjoying learning English language. That is my main reason. Studying at the University and then receiving a proper qualifications will help me to get a job in this direction. Everyone wish to do what they really enjoy in future. That could be very positive in our lives. The studies contains speaking, reading, listening, writing and grammar. It is about understanding a foreign language, teaches you how to think and respond in other language.
Personally, I think that is a very interesting subject to study about. In my opinion, it is something amazing that we can learn how to speak in other laguages. Of course it takes time but it is worth it.
Here you can get some books about translation to get you understand easier
http://us.macmillan.com/MacmillanSite/categories/Academic/AppliedLinguistics/TranslationInterpreting

No comments:

Post a Comment