Tuesday, 13 January 2009

benefits of library

Hello everyone :))
As you already know I am about to start my University in February. From the 5th of January I have started an Academic English Course on Metropolitan University. This is a full time 1 month course. I am doing it to improve my written skills as well as some grammar and speaking. The tutors are very qualified and experienced which is very beneficial for 'us' students. It is very good for foreigner students. Back to the subject, I have to write an essay. The main subject is Globalisation. As I have chosen to study English language, I need to write about the effects as well as positives on to my filed. Where can I get the sources which help me with my subject? That was my first question I asked myself. The advices we got from the tutor were really very helpful. Firstly, I started with the Internet. I found plenty of articles. Secondly, we were introduced with the Metropolitan library and how everything works. Searching for books or journals was quite easy. Typing the word Globalisation gives you hundreds of books with this topic. They are or about the Globalisation, explaining the subject or linked with other issues, like economy, communication, sociology, business etc. You can find the titles of the books, how many pages the have and the location where they are available, for example Holloway Road, Moorgate etc. Everything is very easy to use. You can get the same informations from home as well. There is an online service available as well which is really very beneficial for the students. What you need to do ii to write down the author, the whole title, and the barcode. With those details you just simply go and borrow it. It is very good solution. Hope those materials can be useful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment