Sunday, 25 January 2009

online lecture

Hello everyone:)
This time in my post I would like to tell you about an online lecture I watched recently. The title of the lecture was 'Kirsten Ashburn's heartrending pictures of AIDS'. The topic was focused on how that disease is contribute to killing people in Zimbabwe. Due to it, 35% of population is HIV positive. The author of the lecture, whilst staying in Zimbabwe, was invited to homes of people where she begins to understand how massive the epidemic is. There were two examples given. One was about the child and the other about the woman in pregnant who died 2 years after giving birth. Then there were pictures shown where I could see how the people live, fight with the disease but unfortunately die at the end. This lecture helped me realise how serious problem with HIV they have in Zimbabwe. It was really worth of watching. If anyone would like to have a look at it, that is the website: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/kristen_ashburn_s_heart_rending_pictures_of_aids.html

No comments:

Post a Comment